The Internet of Things (IoT) is a set of physical objects connected to the Internet and exchanging data with one another. The IoT concept can significantly improve certain areas of our lives and help create a more convenient and secure world. Examples of the physical implementation of the Internet of Things range from wearables such as smartwatches to smart homes and even smart factories. IoT powered by the M2M technology plays a critical role in the digital transformation of companies.
IoT architecture includes four key elements:
• End devices (physical things that act as an interface between real and digital worlds).
• Software solutions (apps that make end devices “smart” and help them communicate with the cloud, collect information, integrate, analyze real-time data and provide feedback).
• Communications (physical connectivity solutions and specific protocols for various IoT environments).
• Platform (a specific communication channel through which all the relevant data is collected, analyzed, and transmitted to the user in a convenient form).
What Does IoT/M2M Do?
The Internet of Things has changed the communications environment by allowing devices to interact with one another and their surroundings. The rapidly transforming technological world presents an enormous opportunity for communications providers to offer new services, win new customers, and increase income. A sophisticated and agile billing system must support service bundling, real-time usage-based pricing, and complex invoicing models.
The Internet of Things (IoT) billing, also referred to as billing for Machine-to-Machine services (M2M), is a relatively recent phenomenon based on two elements: billing the recurring price for the M2M service and billing data consumption. Both of these elements are enabled by the Hydra iot billing system.
Why Choose Hydra for Your IoT/M2M Billing Needs?
In the digital economy era, telecom operators that want to stay competitive must promptly respond to emerging market challenges and launch new products and services in a timely manner. The ability to bring new offerings to the market quickly and efficiently is one of the most crucial success factors in today’s IoT/M2M business.
Hydra is a fast, reliable, and productive m2m billing solution that can be used to invoice your IoT and M2M customers for the services they receive. This handy, future-proof m2m billing system has unsurpassed flexibility and is easily scalable. It adjusts to your growing and ever-transforming business needs, enabling real-time billing for any existing communications services and providing an intuitive mechanism for creating rules and procedures for new services and offerings.
Hydra billing platform gives ISPs, telcos, and other digital service providers complete control over their billing, invoicing, and subscription management processes. It can speed up crucial business processes, simplify workflows, validate and control your incoming fees with more efficiency, eliminate late payments, and offer your customers the smoothest and most effortless invoicing experience.
Hydra billing software allows you to charge for the services based on any given parameter or set of parameters that can be configured in one place. Offering full integration with your CRM, ERP, and accounting software, Hydra helps organize and automate the relevant processes with as much efficiency as possible.
Here are some of the main reasons to try Hydra m2m billing software:
• To replace outdated, inflexible legacy billing tools.
• To implement a convergent billing solution: handling prepaid and postpaid subscribers, charging for fixed and mobile services, broadband Internet and TV, M2M, IoT, and more.
• To get flexible and detailed real-time analytics for launching successful marketing campaigns, special offers, bonuses, and discount programs.
• To offer real-time, customizable billing to your prepaid, postpaid, or mixed billing subscribers.
• To easily manage the use of services for various subscriber groups (balance control, monthly traffic limits, geographic and roaming restrictions, etc.)